Friday 10 June 2016

Vagabond Heart travelling … ;-)



Here I am after a long gap. Unintentional though!
Had some real good time, Travelling.....Visited some really picturesque and absolutely stunning places, what better than nature to refresh you.  J

I know.. I Know!! This is not  a travelogue but I couldn’t help sharing.

1.        Amazing drive
One thing I learned is every drive leaves a complete new space of 'peace' in my mind. I know.... too dramatic…. My eyes rolling…  But I did feel that. 

The Lariat loop where the spring bloom-ed,  green pines: shrouding the mountains and the road curved right through narrow roads between them. Just leaves you spell bound. 

You want to go on driving through there on and on and on. Ok…ok…ok!!! No more ‘on’s….Next….

The jaw dropping Million Dollar Highway: the roads cut out by the side of the mountains. Absolutely dangerous stretch, no guard rails, no barriers, absolute ‘drop’ by the side. You should have seen my pale face and knees knocking though sitting inside the car. But the view was worth the ride. Spring is already in the air, actually summer… yet these mountains were laden with snow.
 








2.       Spectacular places.

The Switzerland of USA: Ouray, and beautiful Gondola rides in Telluride: An absolute relaxing dip in hot springs. It seriously reminds you of the scenes of Yash Chopra movies, except I wasn’t clad in plain saree. ;-) I know … I know…. I am dramatizing. But am I not entitled to it? A pout then you could see the halo shining over my head with my chin held high…





















3.       Stay in an working ranch
Now that was a surprise with horses and cattle. Kids were absolutely enthused by seeing the ranch functioning. I loved every bit of it. Except couldn’t ride a horse. I have the pouted and sulking look on. God! How I had pictured myself in my cow girl attire: Jeans, boots, checked shirts, cow bow hat…. Sob….










4.       Box Canyon falls: 

Just ten minutes’ walk from the car parking you enter into the box amidst the canyons so closed and gallons of water gushes in mere minute with a deafening roar. Claustrophobic, Hydrophobic and Vertigo.......absolutely dumbstruck. An absolute marvel. Just wonder and fear of the nature is what gripped me there. Nothing more nothing less…
5.       A museum of Rocks:  

 













I was surprised to see the variety of rocks and fossils, which lead me to wonder how many of these rocks we might have just walked by and never noticed. Absolutely mesmerizing. A heaven for rock lovers. Here I don’t see myself attired as a geologist but with some great rocks on my fingers and neck ;-) ;-) ha, ha, ha….. Dreams…. Dreams…. Dreams…. But aren’t Dreams to be fulfilled. The smug look on fellows!!!



Ohh…. I forgot to mention I who has a severe fear of heights actually rode the Gondolas in Telluride..... The proud look is on... Scary but loved every second of it. And guess what I did Zip lining, ' yes '.... by god I did… and loved every moment of it. I did fly for few. Eyes wide still feeling the wonder...














Every moment of our life can be beautiful but with such small extra pieces of beauty doesn’t it become closer to perfect. The halo and the aura glowing around me…..But with a twist.... two horns shining naughtily on my head…..





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers